A lot of developments have sprouted in recent years in the sleepy town of Kampar, 45 mins drive from Ipoh, in anticipation of the new Universiti Tuanku Abdul Rahman (UTAR) campus. The buildings in the campus have just been completed, ready for its first intake of students.
1. Grand Kampar Hotel, the first decent hotel in Kampar, located in Bandar Baru Kampar, the new township not far from UTAR.
2. Imposing view from entrance looking up
3. Grand entrance with sleek steel-and-glass canopy
4. Three storey shophouse development next to the hotel. It is common for the upper floors of shophouses to be used as flats.
4. UTAR new campus built next to a huge mining pond, in a serene and tranquil setting. The buildings are simple, unpretentious and blends into the landscape. Probably the university with the best fengshui in Malaysia.
8. Main Entrance. Looks like they didn't have much funds left for the entrance signs after putting up the buildings!
9.The Chancellory or Admin Block nearest the entrance.
10. Kampar Claypot Chicken Rice
11. Town Centre (Jalan Idris)